Wednesday, 13 March 2013

A Netflix Review: Heathers


Netflix is very good and I do not make these comments lightly. It streams quickly on my clunky laptop, has a decent (quickly growing) library and it makes watching films and tv shows almost too fast. I find myself watching films that I even have on DVD. If that is not the epitome of laziness on my part then I don't know what is, but it speaks volumes for Netflix's easy access. FYI, I am not affiliated with Netflix in any way. I just love me some films. 

Anyway. I rewatched Heathers which was recently added. Aesthetically and linguistically, I just love it. If you're a fan of 'cult' films then you should definitely check this out. I screencapped it for the first reason-warning-this was the 80s, so the hair is big. This is pre-Clueless, and MUCH more raunchy. Plus it contains the lovely Winona Ryder as the gloriously sarcastic Veronica. 


This is much more than your average chick flick or High School movie. It has a dark, twisted edge and subverts your expectations. Its dialogue is choke-on-your-Diet-Coke sharp. 

On a final note, why do I note sleep like this? 
If you have any film recommendations then please comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment