Monday, 25 June 2012

Music Monday

I hope all my lovely readers have had a great weekend. I'm glad the rain has finally subsided! I haven't done a music post in a fair while so I thought I'd share a few recent songs I've been enjoying and some older favourites. 

Scissor Sisters-Baby Come Home
I've recently switched to Radio 2 in my bedroom as I was becoming a bit sick of Radio 1, I must be showing my age. Their playlist has this new song from the Scissor Sisters on and I've really been enjoying it. The band always has such great music videos too. Besides there's a limit to how many times I can hear Cheryl 'Call My Name'. 

Kanye West-All of the Lights
Okay, so part of the reason I switched to Radio 2 was because they were hammering on about their Hackney Weekend, which I desperately tried and failed to get tickets to! I watched Jay-Z on Saturday night on BBC3 and loved when Kanye came on. Many of the reasons I appreciate Kanye West as an artist are articulated brilliantly in this article. This is one of my favourites. 

Knife Party-Bonfire
It comes as a surprise to some people how much I really enjoy drum and bass, dubstep and dance music in general. I can't really explain it, it's mostly to do with it being amazing to have a good time to. This song comes from two (now former) members of Pendulum and you can hear the similarity to songs like Tarantula. 

Maroon 5-Stutter
Ah, that Payphone song. So annoyingly catchy. I prefer the older Maroon 5 songs such as this song from their 2010 album 'Hands All Over' which I think showcases Adam's voice in a far more likable way. 

What songs have you been enjoying recently? I'd love to hear your recommendations. 

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I came to your blog, because your profile photo intrigued me. And now I see that not only one photo is cool! So, I'm glad I found you because your blog is awesome! Good job and please keep posting, because you do it great, and I start following and will visit you with pleasure!
    xx nik

    http://nikandpic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. jay z and kanye were soo good! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic pictures honey ;)
    I hope you have a lovely day

    xx

    ReplyDelete