Sunday, 5 February 2012

Wonders of the Week

Well I woke up this morning to find my part of South East London blanketed with snow! I will make the most of it until it inevitably ends up being dark slush. Here is a list of what I've been loving this week.

5.) The New Kit Kat Chunky Flavours
My boyfriend was kind enough to bring me 3 out of the 4 new flavours for us to sample together! I missed out on the orange flavour, but I don't really mind as I knew I would fall in love with the Peanut Butter. You can vote for your favourite on the Kit Kat Facebook Page.

4.) Collection 2000 Creme Puff Lip Creams
These were are absolute bargain. The two on the left I went for as the other two would look a bit strange on my colouring. They were two for £4.99 in Superdrug but they had all sold out, but Boots had them two for a fiver, with the colours I wanted. They are lovely colours that leave you with a pretty unique matte finish. However you need to prep your lips beforehand otherwise they will highlight all the flaky bits! It's fairly long lasting. I even like the packaging, which is unusual for Collection 2000. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't. 

3.) Keeping warm- but keeping bills down. 
Anyone who is a student or has moved away from home with sympathise that as the temperature lowers, your bills with rocket. It's one of those boring facts of life. My student flat is part of a house which has been split into four flats, and while it is a gorgeous Victorian building, this doesn't bode well for warmth. My flatmates and I have become experts in the art of layering our clothes for the optimum level of warmth. We're strict with how long we put the heating on for. Hot water bottles aren't exactly on trend but they help! If you have any tips I'd love to hear them. 

2.) Spirited Away
I had been given this film many years ago to watch, but for some reason I never did. My little sister has recently been going to a Japanese Club at school and she asked me to watch this with her. I admit, I was a little reluctant. I assumed I wouldn't really 'get it'. But even at twenty years old I was enraptured. It really is a fantastic film and I would urge anyone to watch it. The less I say about it the better really, as I think it's best discovered with an open mind. 

1.) This video. 



Never had a Tumblr but this reminds me of being a fourteen year old, Johnny Depp obsessed Internet NerdGirl.

Hope you've all had a wonderful week! Wrap up warm.

16 comments:

  1. Peanut butter kit kats sound so good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the Collection 2000 cremepuffs I was tempted to get the other pink I have I think it's the far left one on the image. They are really great especially when they are so cheap.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hun, just found your blog and am now following =) I've been meaning to pick up a couple of the creme puff colours for ages, so thanks for letting us know about that deal in Boots. I just watched the 'sit tumblr girls say' video - so funny! Gem xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to try the creme puffs for ages so may have a look when I go to Doncaster shopping in a couple of weeks xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've seen that video it's so funny lol..so do the creme puffs have a yummy smell or are they just named after the dessert?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Boho Vanity: they do smell! kind of sickly to some but I like it :)

    @ Gem: thank you :) am following you back xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. the heart shaped hot water bottle is soo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg I really need to get my mitts on the new kitkats! So glad they bought the peanut butter ones back

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Tumblr video is SO true, haha. I have a Tumblr and it's pretty funny XD I am so glad that I came across your blog! I am now following!

    theglossover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh those lip creams are adorable! i'd love to get my hands on them! and the heart shaped hot water bottle is just too cute! even me and hubby are always worried about heater bills hahaha so i have a few of those lying around and a stuffed monkey that i can microwave to cuddle hehe

    x susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. followed your blog! its so pretty!

    http://hannahspeeches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gr8 pics :)....Wanna follow each other with GFC, Twitter and Facebook ?

    ♡ StylishByNature.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Only just found your blog really enjoying it ...also love Spirited Away its a great film ...if you enjoyed it try Howls Moving Castle.
    (Followed :) )

    mittens-discovering.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to try the Collection 2000 lip creams, I've heard so much about them! Love your blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the collection 2000 lip creams. They have the cutest colours. Great post:)

    ReplyDelete