Thursday, 9 February 2012

Nail Love

I've always had a thing about nail varnish. I've also amassed a (worrying) collection that I will have to photograph for you all at some point. When I was younger I loved those gloriously tacky little nail stickers you got free with Mizz magazine. Recently there's been a resurgence in nail art, thanks to WAH Nails and others. I've found some great inspiration on Pinterest I thought I'd share with you.

This is so sweet and girly. I've found a tutorial here but instead of nail-art pens you could always make use of a toothpick to tip in your nail varnish. 
Galaxy Nails are just mesmerising. I've attempted this before, it is time consuming but you can create a really unique effect. tutorial here.
These Butterfly Nails are incredible, such a great idea. I think I will try this at some point for sure. tutorial here
This is a really simple but effective look. You could try this with any range of colours, all you need is a sparkly top coat to finish the look. 
These are so cute! Definitely a conversation starter. tutorial here.
Scrabble can get very competitive in my house! You could write other words of course, but this would be perfect for Valentines day. Perfect excuse for me to get the Models Own WAH nails pen....

Is there any nail art you've been loving? Do you like to get creative with your own? 
x

18 comments:

  1. These are all adorable especially the first one so sweet and girly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so gorgeous and original. Wish I had the patience to do more intricate nail art. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried the galaxy nails the other day!

    Love how they turned out!
    x Jess
    Sparksandfireworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try the galaxy ones!x

    http://confessionsofasecretshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The moustache one is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, the mustache one got me! =) Been into that lately.

    Followed, hope you don’t mind. And who knows, maybe you’ll visit me someday too.

    thebookness.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The moustache one is adorable, I also like the effect of the galaxy one...such creative ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the little roses, they're so girly and cute! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. awwwww i love the roses ones and the moustaches , they're adorable! thanks for sharing the link to the tutorials, i want to try it!

    x susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. The moustache nails would so match my necklace and earrings!! x I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, some lovely designs here - need to try some of them out x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! These look amazing- awesome designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love galaxy nails but sadly have failed at making it look as good as the one above, meh! Will try out the Movember nails :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE all these nails! The first ones with the flowers are my favorite. so romantic and feminine!

    Thanks for sharing!

    xoxo Aisha

    ReplyDelete
  15. i am really scared of butterflies.. leaving that I like all the nails..
    I have a "delicious giveaway" - win a abataba jewellery on my blog.
    love
    megha
    http://meghafashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those galaxy nails look absolutely amazing, I may have to try them xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are all gorgeous!!! Definitely thinking about attempting a couple. Especially the moustache design!
    <3 Laura x
    lollycoral.com

    ReplyDelete