Monday, 27 February 2012

Music Monday

The other day I decided to try Spotify Premium for the 30 free trial, and I didn't expect to fall in love with it but I have. I've been using Spotify for a couple of years now and it really is a great service even if you have the basic free one. This weeks Music Monday is inspired by various Spotify playlists I've been listening to on their 'App' feature.

Anna Calvi-Blackout

I've heard various buzz about Anna Calvi but I admit this is the first song of hers I've properly listened to, and I think it's fantastic. It's dramatic and soulful and I've had it in my head all week. 

James Blake-A Case of You
Of course I love the Joni Mitchell original, but this is a really lovely version. I first heard of James Blake because he attended my university and I think he's great. This video is beautiful. 

Summer Camp-Better Off Without You
I love that music like this is being made. Great break-up song to dance around to. 

What songs are you loving this week? 

3 comments:

  1. Such good song choices! I know it's already done the rounds, but all week I've had that Gotye song stuck in my head!

    I just stumbled across your blog and I love it - and such a great name for a blog!

    Cat xxx
    http://www.takecourageblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love anna calvi's song, she has a nice hair do too and as u say it's dramatic! and the summer camp's better off without you is making me dance and i do love the video clip :)

    susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love everything here! That dress is too amazing and we really love James Blake too!

    PS. We've a giveaway to Number A on our blog! Check it out, if you'd like! :)

    ox from NYC!
    davie+erica

    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete