Monday, 13 February 2012

Music Monday

Hello! I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. I'm currently on my reading week, which coincides with half term which is lovely as I can spend some time with my family back home. This Music Monday is inspired by my recently revived old iPod. Some of the songs on there were frankly shocking (Partyshank anyone?). Others were wonderful to rediscover. Here is a selection of those:

Willy Mason-Oxygen
There are some really brilliant lyrics in this song and I love his voice. 

The Spinto Band-Oh Mandy
Such a dreamy song and a wonderful animated video. 

Giant Drag-This Isn't It
I remember hearing this on a CD which came free with the NME. I gradually fell out of love with the magazine (ridiculously male-dominated) but I do credit it for helping me discover bands such as this. 

X-Ray Spex- Germ Free Adolescent 
A girl at school introduced me to this band which I'm thankful for. I had the most fleeting phase of listening to punk but this is one of bands that stayed with me. The brilliant lead singer Poly Styrene sadly died last year so this is a small tribute. 

I'd love to hear about some of the bands you enjoyed as a teenager. 

3 comments:

  1. Completely forgot about that Willy Mason song! Thanks for reminding me, love it

    http://januarysublime.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with willy mason's voice, so powerful and i love the cute animation video clip from spinto band :)

    susan

    ReplyDelete