Monday, 6 February 2012

Music Monday

The snow has vanished overnight and I've been essay writing all day. What gets me through is music, although I can get distracted with playlists on Spotify! Here are some songs I've been loving this week.

Delilah- Love You So

I am in love with this girl's voice! This song really gets in my head and I love the video. 

Billie Holiday-A Fine Romance

I first heard this song when I went to see Priscilla Queen of The Desert, which has sadly just left the West End  (but I would recommend the film!) there are many versions of this song by a variety of artists but I think this has to be my favourite. 

Madonna-Give Me All Your Luvin'

Of course this has divided some people, but what is Madonna without controversy? I happen to really like it, I love that M.I.A is involved too as I've been of a fan of her for years. Madonna was looking fierce at the SuperBowl as well! 

Maverick Sabre-No One
 I first heard Maverick Sabre on the track 'Jungle' by Professor Green and I've been a fan of his distinct voice ever since. He's really worth a listen to if you like a bit of that old-school vibe. 

What songs have you been enjoying this week? 

9 comments:

  1. Love Madonna, I so want to see her live but she never comes to Australia sob sob

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the video clip and the voice of Delilah-love you so. I also love billie holiday :)

    susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute post! I must listen to more Billie Holiday!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love Deilah's song and the video just enhances how great it is. Maverick Sabre also has such a fantastic, raw voice :)

    ♥mollie from musicandmollie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Delilah video! I've never heard of them before. It's pretty neat. I'm a huge fan of Billie Holiday and I'm thoroughly onboard with the Madonna song with MIA and Nikki Minaj. I've loved MIA for a long time and really respecte Nikki's skills.

    This week I'm totally digging Yma Sumac, Edith Piiaf, and Karmin's cover of Look at Me Now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ SymbioticLife Gotta agree with you :) I love Karmin!

    @ Mollie you're so right, 'raw' is a great way to describe it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea for a post! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. i for one really like the madonna song :) I really like the fact that MIA and Nicki Minaj are on it too :) cool blog..new follower xx http://thekeytoconstantia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete