Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Wonders of the Week

1.) Oranges
After being alerted to the grotesque side of orange juice here, I've been getting my o.j fix from the real thing. I stick them in the fridge before eating them which is (almost) as good.

2.) CORRIE
After five explosive years, Becky (Katherine Kelly) has left the cobbles. I think she is perhaps my favourite Corrie character (love Roy though). I think Katherine is incredibly talented and will go on to do amazing things. In fact she is already appearing at the National Theatre and I definitely want to go. 

3.) Fairy tale Illustrations
This term I'm taking a course about the fairy tale throughout history, and have stumbled across some wonderful illustrations. This one above reminds me of Tim Burton, imagine if he directed The Little Mermaid!
As a child I loved  this edition of The Beauty and The Beast by Jan Brett. 
4.) Hand Food by Soap & Glory
This chilly weather has made my hands resemble that of a komodo dragon. Luckily, I kindly received this as a Christmas gift and it really is lovely. I usually use Superdrug's Hand Therapy, which is fine but this does the job a lot better. 

5.) W.E intrigue 
I really want to see this film, not just to see Madonna's directing but you just know it will be aesthetically glorious. I believe it has been thrashed by some critics, but really I'm just in it for the glamourous clothes. 

I hope everyone is having a lovely week! 

4 comments:

  1. I would LOVE Tim Burton to do a Little Mermaid film! even though the original un-disney'd ending is kinda sad :( still I bet he would do a wonderful job!

    I read a similar article and I was SO shocked to find out what they're doing to my lovely fresh orange juice! We all know they get additives and things but the knowledge that I'm getting barely any nutrition or actual orange is pretty horrific! I've splashed out (heheh pun) on a juicer and love making OJ in a big batch every few days and keeping it in the fridge with a little lemon juice to keep it fresh and zingy. Tastes different but feels so much fresher!

    xxx


    Maisyetc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be brilliant wouldn't it! Yes I was completely shocked too, have told friends about it and they've converted. I may have to splash out on a juicer too ;) xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing about the orange juice, I had never heard about that before.
    The fairy tales through history course sounds very interesting. I love the illustrations.
    I hope you will enjoy the W.E Intrigue movie. A lot of the time I end up not liking the movies that get rave reviews from the critics, but love the ones that get poor reviews. I guess it just depends on the person and what they like.
    Have a lovely week :)
    Magie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Magie! I know what you mean, some films I can never understand the hype. x

      Delete