Wednesday, 18 January 2012

My name is Jasmine and I am addicted to trash TV.

I'll put my hands up and admit it. Despite being an English Undergraduate that has read many of the greats, my weakness is still television. This may be something to do with having Sky television readily available growing up. In the week, my sister and I were limited as to what we could watch and for how long. But with our parent's both working on a Saturday night, whilst our Nan engrossed herself in the Crossword, we would binge on television. Our drug of choice was most definitely E!. If you are not au fait with this cultural delight, it is basically the reason why Kim Kardashian has a career. Now for a run down of my favourite guilty pleasures:

5.) Ice Loves Coco, on E!

Chronicling the lives of rapper Ice-T, his model wife Coco (renowned for her, ahem, derriere) and their dog Spartacus. I love watching this as their lives are downright bizarre, but they are clearly so in love. Who can resist smushy romance?! Coco's walk in wardrobe is like another Wonder of the World.

4.) Man V. Food
Watching a man stuff his face? Count me in. ADORABLE host Adam takes on some crazy food challenges in various locations around (where else?) the USA. Not great on paper, but it somehow works. Adam's passion for all things junk food sucks you in, and you find yourself chanting along for him to finish a pizza the size of Arkansas.

3.) 90210
A friend of mine was round last night, and I had this playing in the background. About halfway through, he asked me 'Jazz. What is this? Nothing has happened'. I wonder deep inside my inner consciousness WHY I love this programme, but I can't explain it. I mean, I don't really like any of the characters that much. I can pretty much guess what's going to happen, but I do get very excited when there's a twist. I think I've just been conditioned to like this mediocrity *sigh*

2.) The Girl's of The Playboy Mansion
Perhaps the most shameful of all, due to it conflicting with so many of my ethics. However the first 4 or so series of this were so addictive. A strange insight into what it is actually like to be one of these girls, yes, but most of them are actually very likable. Sooo trashy, but their pet collection is amazing.

1.) THE KARDASHIAN EMPIRE
Keeping Up With The Kardashians and its many spinoffs. Now, I probably know this family more than some long-distance relatives, for sure. It is too depressing to continue. Until some longitudinal study has been done on the danger of all these reality shows, I will probably continue to rot my brain. Somewhere, some academic will find a cure. Unless they get engrossed into a really great episode of Jersey Shore...

No comments:

Post a Comment