Monday, 30 January 2012

Music Monday

One question I always somewhat dread is, "so, what music are you in to?". I cannot really say in any succint way because it really is a mish mash of everything. Therefore I tend to say what band/singer I'm currently enjoying.

I absolutely love this song by Emile Sande. 
She has such an amazing talent, this is one of those songs that soars into my soul.

This next song by Beth Rowley is just dreamy. I first heard it on the soundtrack for 'An Education'. 
There is also an equally gorgeous version of this song by the late, great Etta James. 

This is the latest offering from The Maccabees. 
I had almost forgotten about this band until I heard this on Radio 1. I was lucky enough to see them in (eek, time flies) 2007 at the Oxford Zodiac and they were wonderful live.

What songs are you currently loving? I'm always up for discovering music, whether it's new or old.

3 comments:

  1. I'm gonna be 1st in the queue to buy Emilie Sandes album when it's released on 13th Feb!
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. the maccabees are so great (:

    xx

    skadiida.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award,its for blogs with less than 200 followers that deserve more recognition! :)

    http://2ndhandcinderella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete