Monday, 23 January 2012

Be a Savvy Student...not a mug.

Pizza delivery for me is an occasional treat. I adore Domino's especially, but can't justify the price. Living in South East London, there is an abundance of delivery services to tempt. I've heard students say "oops, spent £30 on pizza last night". Are you kidding me? Let me break it down for you.

For one large Domino's Pepperoni priced at £15.99 you can buy at Sainsbury's:

-A large Sharing Size Pepperoni (£4.00)
-Garlic and Cheese Pizza Bread (£1.70)
-Coke, 2 Litres (£1.98)
-A tub of Cookie Dough Ice Cream (£3.39)
-Bottle of white wine (£4.29)

                                                                        (source)

A veritable feast for a grand total of £15.36. You even get change out of that £15.99, and even alcohol.
This was just a quick look on the Sainsbury's website, without searching for any specific deals. The pizza is also fresh, frozen is much cheaper. So this a plead to all those students, feel free to indulge. But you can get more bang for your buck if you leave your flat instead of calling from your bed.

12 comments:

  1. That is so true, when one looks at it that way, you really do get a lot more for your money. Plus I would much rather have a tub of cookie dough ice cream for afters, then just a pizza anyhow :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. the price of a dominos is ridiculous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog, so I'm a new follower =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, i'm a student and pizza is so expensive!! I completely agree with this post! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha soooo true, i definitely agree with you student are noo good with their loans x

    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get two pizzas from M and S for £6. They're 100x better than takeaway pizza!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S Thank you for the follow, sweet! Love the look of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's really nice of you to say! x

      Delete
  8. Ahh I'm a student and agree Dominos is totally expensive, but I can't resist it! Me and my boyfriend order them every so often so we don't have to cook for each other, haha :) x

    http://underbluelights.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES! Love this post. So often I fancy a take out and have to slap myself for being silly - supermarket is the way to go. Glad to see another SE Londoner here. X

    ReplyDelete